Thank you for your interest in the PlySpace Residency. PlySpace is an artist-in-residence program dedicated to offering visual artists, writers, performers, designers, and other creative individuals time and space to investigate and pursue their own practices. Additionally, it serves as a platform for experimentation and provocation by catalyzing conversation and collaboration with various Muncie communities. PlySpace facilitates various opportunities for residents to engage with the public through partnership and programming that is tailored to their area of interest.
1. Fill in personal information in the fields in the application form.
2. Identify whether you would like to be considered for acceptance as a PlySpace Resident, a PlySpace Resident Fellow, or both. Accepted applicants will be placed in one of the two residency options. This decision will be determined based on application content, project proposals, and length of stay. Be aware that Resident Fellows must be in residence for 9 to 12 weeks. For more information about the residency types, see the About the Residency page.
3. Upload 1 pdf document that contains your:
- Artist Statement (250-500 words)
- Anticipated Length of Stay
- Contact Information for 2 Professional References
- Personal Project Proposal (up to one page)
- Collaborative Project Proposal (up to one page)
- Image List listing all submitted portfolio items. Include the image file name (last name.image#.jpg), title, medium, year information. For video/audio please also include the url link to the online file (youtube, vimeo, soundcloud, etc)
4. Upload up to 10 images of work. These can be images, or an image + web link to a media file. Applicants submitting only video/film or writing samples need only submit 3 samples. For image uploads:
- Images should be titled last-name.image#.jpg. (i.e. Williams.image1.jpg)
- All images should be uploaded as .jpg files no larger than 1000 pixels on the longest side.
- Fill in the metadata fields for title, size, medium, and year, for each artwork. Metadata fields are listed beneath the upload fields on the application.
- Indicate if the image is a detail shot of an artwork in the metadata title field (i.e. title: my_piece_detail.jpg)
- Image details should also be submitted as part of the pdf portion of the application. This allows us to send the images and image list to external reviewers. The image list should note the image file name (i.e. Williams.image1.jpg) and the corresponding image details (title, size, medium, year) for each image that is submitted.
For video, audio, or media uploads:
- All video, audio, and media files need to have a still shot .jpg that is uploaded with the web link to the application. If you do not include a still shot, the metadata field with the web link may not be saved when you submit your application.
- Actual video and audio files are accessed through a web link to YouTube, Vimeo or Soundcloud. You will enter this link under the still shot image, in the metadata field for web link.
- Other metadata for title, medium, and year should be included for each video and audio submission.
- Video or Audio details should also be submitted as part of the pdf portion of the application. This allows us to send the videos and links to external reviewers. The image list should list the video file name (i.e. Williams.video1.jpg) and the corresponding video details (title, size, medium, year) plus the web link to the video for each video that is submitted.
For text or writing uploads:
- Upload writing samples in pdf format. Please incude a short descriptive statement in the pdf about the uploaded writing piece that includes the title and the year (i.e. This piece is an exerpt from my recent novel...).
- Fill in the metadata fields for title and year for each upload.
- Up to three writing samples can be uploaded, but the entire portfolio should not consist of more than 30 written pages.
5. Pay the submission fee of $25. This fee is non-refundable and due with every submission.
6. Applications that have been properly submitted will receive a confirmation email.
Questions? Email PlySpace at email@example.com or check the application guidelines at www.plyspace.org.